Vienna Music Business Research Days 2016
Self-Management in the Digital Music Business
29 September 2016
- 9.00 – 9.30 am: Welcome and opening address
- 9.30 – 10.15 am: Martin Lücke (Macromedia University of Applied Sciences, Berlin):
"Career Centers at Music Universities – Best Practices"
- 10.15 – 11.15 am: Panel discussion "Career Centers at Music Universities – Best Practices"
Panelists: Angela Myles Beeching (Manhattan School of Music), Gretchen Amussen (L'Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Paris), Stefan Simon (Head of Career Center of the University for Music Detmold);
- 11.45 am – 12.45 pm: Johannes Ripken (Northstar Connection, consultant of Universal Music Group book author, Kiel):
"Organic Artist Development in the Digital Music Business"
- 2.00 – 3.00 pm: Keynote by Stephen Power (music producer):
"Self-Management in the Digital Music Business"
- 3.30 – 5.00 pm: Panel discussion: "Self-Management in the Digital Music Business"
Panelists: Roxanne de Bastion (musician), Stephen Power (music producer), Keith Harris (music manager), Johannes Ripken (music consultant);
- 5.00 – 5.15 pm: Young Scholars' Workshop Best Paper Award
- 8.00 pm: Visit of a traditional Viennese Heurigen for full paying conference participants and invited guests
About the conference
The Vienna Music Business Research Days want to bring together scholars from all disciplines and interested music business professionals in Vienna every year in order to present their findings and exchange ideas about it.
Music business research is a new scientific approach at the intersection of economic, artistic, especially musical, cultural, social, legal, technological developments that aims at a better understanding of the creation/production, dissemination/distribution and reception/consumption of the cultural good music. It follows an inter-disciplinary research and teaching approach that is characterized by methodological diversity.
Department of Cultural Management and Cultural Studies (IKM) and Department of Music Sociology (IMS) of the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna, Institute of Journalism and Communications Research (IJK) of University of Music, Drama and Media Hannover and International Association of Music Business Research.
In cooperation with Waves Vienna Music Festival & Conference.